Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Orchid for Mom

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog today. I can't believe that I have only 3 more Pre-School classes left for this year. The school year went by so quickly.
 
We are in our usual end of year rush to get the lessons completed, projects finished and also to practice for the end of year program. The kids are doing so well with learning the songs for the program. Their parents will be so proud of this group of 3 year olds.
 
Today we were buys finishing up their Mother's Day gifts. We made a paper plate flower with their picture in the center. It gets attached to a jumbo green craft stick and then we put it in a small flower pot. For the leaves we use their handprints, which I had to end up attaching to the pots. They are so cute and the Mom's will love them.
 
Speaking of Mom's, my card for today is for Mother's day. This one will go to one of my friends. I used the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #686. I am the hostess and I chose lemon-lime twist, melon mambo and black for the color trio. Optional this week was to make a Mother's Day card. I also made this card for a group DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.
 
lemon-lime twist, melon mambo, black
The layout is from the May Viva la Verve sketch. I thought it was a good one to showcase my orchid for Mom. The orchid die is part of the Mother’s Day release from CottageCutz.
I am a big fan of orchids and have 3 plants. One of them is in bloom right now. To get a bit of color variation on the orchid bloom, I cut the sepal (3 leaves in background) in melon mambo and the petals and lip in white and sponged with melon mambo ink. The tiny center is called a column and that is cut in melon mambo cardstock. Love the detail on the CottageCutz dies.

The background heart paper is from BoBunny “head over Heels” collection. I like the distressed look of the paper. The black striped paper is from the Stampin’_Up “color me irresistible” collection. The flag banner I cut in melon mambo then used a heart embossing folder and sponged the hearts with white chalk ink.

I finished off my card with my sentiment and then added some lemon-lime sequins and melon mambo candy dots.
 
Well, that's it for this post. So until next time.........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: may good things grow (Stampin'-Up PP Kit March 2018)  
Paper: basic black, melon mambo, lemon lime twist, whisper white, color me irresistible dsp (Stampin’-Up), BoBunny dsp  
Paper Size: A2  
Ink: tuxedo black (Memento), melon mambo (Stampin’-Up), cloud white chalk (Versa-Magic)  
Accessories: Lemon-lime twist sequins, melon mambo enamel dots (Stampin’-Up), orchids, stitched circle dies (CottageCutz), ribbon (Michael’s)
 
Dies I used to create card:
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzorchids.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  Lemon Shortbread has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Stinkin' Inkers has a April showers bring May flowers challenge.
3.  Try it on Tuesday has a stencil/diecuts challenge. 
 


4 comments:

  1. A superb card ! WOW! Thank you very much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love the color combo and orchid. Thanks for joining the Stinkin' Inkers challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project! Thanks so much for joining us at TIOT, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails