Saturday, January 13, 2018

Valentine Cup of Love

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog today.
 
It's a cold and blustery day here in Pittsburgh. We had a winter storm overnight that dropped about 4-5" of snow. It's one of those days that's perfect for staying indoors looking at the snow from the window and doing some crafting.
 
That's my plan for the day. I am showing a card that I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz blog. Today my card is featuring some older Valentine dies. I used the cups of love dies to create this card. So let's get started with the details of how I created my card.

Step 1: I started my card this week with my layout. That's always a go0d starting point for me. It gives my Mojo a jump start. Splitcoaststampers had this sketch that worked really well for the card I had in mind. I am showing a card that I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.
Step 2: Once my layout was decided upon, I chose my card colors. I kept with the traditional red and white with a black accent for the card base and layers. For the cups I decided to add some pink and a Caribbean blue cardstock.
I had a pack of older Valentine themed papers and chose one of the patterns for my card. I used a hearts embossing folder on the black panel for interest.
Red Card Base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Patterned Paper Layer: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Black embossed layer: 5 3/8" x 1 1/2"
Step 3: On this step I cut the cups and the various embellies to decorate them. I assembled them and then took my photo. I attached everything with Ranger multi medium matte.
Step 4: Started my card assembly. Adhered the card base panels with double sided tape.
I attached the cups to the black embossed panel with dimensional adhesive.
Then I added the steam and the ascending hearts. On the blue cup, I added the love word from the Love Bow & Arrow die. Did you catch the cute little perched birdie?
Step 5: Since I was stamping my sentiment directly on the patterned paper, I heat embossed. Used pigment ink and black embossing powder. I wanted the sentiment to stand out.
That completes my card for this post. I hope I have given you some inspiration for the Valentine cards you may be creating. All the dies I used on today's card are available in the online store.

 
Have a great week and until next time.......God bless!!
Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcupoflove.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzlovebowandarrow.aspx
 
 
I am also entering:
1.  CCEE Stampers has a "fits me to a tea" challenge.
2.  Creative Knockouts has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Craftaholics R Us has a pattern paper challenge.
 

2 comments:

  1. Really cute! Thanks for joining us at Craftaholics R Us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. Love the mugs with the heart - so cute. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Knockouts Challenge.
    April

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails