Saturday, November 18, 2017

Feel Better

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog this Saturday in November.

It's a rainy and cold day here in Pittsburgh today. One of those all day rains according to the local weatherman. My plans are to get to the supermarket to get all that I need for our Thanksgiving meal. Then I hope to get to my craft room and get it cleaned up - not fun but necessary (LOL)!!!

But, before that I have a card to show. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.  There are a new release of "get Well" dies coming on Black Friday. Today, I am giving you a sneak peek of two of the new dies.

I am using Chicken Soup and Ouch with Tooth dies. They are all so cute. This little chicken just made me giggle so I had to create a get well card with him as the star. So let's get started on my card details.

Step 1: Since I knew what dies I was going to use, I just needed to decide on my card colors plus the card layout. I found a great sketch that I thought would work well with my design. I chose the wonky striped patterned paper because I thought it would work well with the whimsical chicken image.
Yellow Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Yellow Striped Patterned paper: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Red Rectangle Layer: used the largest of the pierced rectangle dies.
White Image Layer: used the largest of the rectangle dies.
Step 2: I decided to cut and assemble my die pieces at this point just to make sure everything would fit in the layout I had chosen to use. Love the detail on the can of chicken soup. the chicken is just too cute sitting in the bowl along with the soup noodles.
Step 3:  Started my card assembly. I adhered the panels to the card base with double sided tape. It's my go to adhesive. I wasn't sure what I was going to use for the horizontal layer of the sketch. I thought of ribbon but because this is more of a fun card, I decided to use yellow cardstock. The panel measures 1 1/4" x 4 1/4".

Step 4: I am now ready to adhere the dies to the image panel. I used the chicken noodle soup can in place of the circle on the sketch. The detail on the soup can is amazing. I have a close-up photo and also you can click on the photo to make it even larger.
I finished off my card with a few sequins - hearts and regular circles. I thought it just added a finished element to the bright and cherry card.
 
That's it for me for this post. Until next time........

Dies I used to create card:




 
I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Emerald City Crafts has an anything goes challenge.

2 comments:

  1. what a fun card and fun new dies Mary! love the noodles on the chicken's head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously fun card, love the image and the noodles...
    Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week..x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails