Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Celebrate St Patrick's Day

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the charmed Life.
Well the big snow that was predicted for the Pittsburgh area turned out to be nothing. We had about an 1" or less accumulation. Not that I would have minded having a lot more.
As I type this we are having some snow showers but it doesn't look threatening. We haven't had much snow at all this season. And now next week Spring starts.
It was very cold and blustery yesterday.
 
We had a family dinner at a restaurant that was on the river. Wow the wind was really blowing as we exited the garage to walk to the place. One of those cold to the bone winds! But the dinner was great.
 
My middle grandson was home on Spring break so both sets of grandparents, his parents and a couple others all had dinner with him. There were 12 altogether. Hubby and I had the privilege of him sitting by us. It was just a great family evening.
And he also wanted us to come over on Thursday night for dinner. This will be a little more intimate with just hubby and I and my son's family.
 
Now onto today's card. This one I made using the colors from the color challenge #625 on Splitcoaststampers. Barbara is our hostess and she chose emerald envy, gold and whisper white.  Optional this week is St Patrick's Day.

Well, I looked at the colors 2x before I started my card and somehow the emerald envy translated to cucumber crush. What is wrong with me??? As I was making my card, I was thinking that the green didn't look like an Irish green shade.

Of course it didn't, because it wasn't the color that Barbara picked. But, I didn't realize it until the card was finished and I was writing up my description for the card. So I  begged for a pass from my teamies (lol)!!!

Here are the details of my card. I noticed that over on the Verve site there was a free St Patrick's Day digi set - Feeling Lucky. So I downloaded it and used it for my card today. The sentiment inside the shaker is part of that set as are the shamrocks. I printed the shamrocks on the cucumber crush cardstock and fussy cut them.

The frame for my shaker elements is cut from the CottageCutz stitched rounded rectangle and square dies in whisper white cardstock. To cover the gold color I added sequins inside the shaker.

My background designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up collection "Cherry On Top". The celebrate word is a die from CottageCutz. And, that is my card for today.
So until next time......a happy St Patrick's day to all and God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: Feeling Lucky (Verve Digi)  
Paper: cucumber crush, whisper white, cherry on top dsp (Stampin'-Up)  
Card Size: A2
Accessories: stitched rounded rectangle, square and celebrate dies (CottageCutz), gold sequins (Darice)
Techniques: shaker card
 
Dies Used:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedroundedrectanglesetbasics.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsquaresetbasics.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionscelebrate.aspx
 
I am also entering: 
1.  Crafting By Designs has a for a man challenge.
2.  Shopping Our Stash has a luck of the Irish challenge.
3.  Crafty Creations has an anything goes challenge.
 

4 comments:

  1. Love, love shaker cards, yours is fabulous!!! The Irish poem is fantastic paired with all of those "gold" coins inside.
    Awesome details and layout.
    Thank you for sharing with SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the shaker card for this St. Patricks Day Card. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shaker card and the little bits in it! Fabulous! Thanks for sharing it with us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails