Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Ornament Card

Hello blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
Christmas is in full swing both here in my home and also at our Preschool. I am doing Christmas projects with the kids every Tuesday and Thursday until Christmas. They made a gingerbread man, Christmas tree and today we did Christmas stockings to hang on the tree we have at school. 
 
All the projects were fun foam images that I found at Dollar Tree. Then I gave them self stick foam shapes to glue on the images. We do the projects as a group and there are 11 in our class.
 
So I have learned that you give them a couple of foam shapes at a time to take off the backing and glue down. Removing the backing is good for their fine motor skills. They do very well with these projects. For the stockings I attached ribbon because that would be too much for them. It was a fun day for them and for us as teachers.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #610 at Splitcoaststampers. Vicki was our hostess and she chose cherry cobbler, gold and white for her color trio. Optional this week is an ornament.
cherry cobbler, gold, whisper white
For my card, I used the CottageCutz “fancy nativity ornament” die. I cut it with a gold glitter paper. Used the same paper for my stars.

I decided to emboss the background panel with the Cuttlebug “scrollwork” die. Layered that over more of the gold glitter paper and onto my cherry cobbler base.

The sentiment is from the Stampin’-Up “star of light” set. I used versamark ink and also cherry cobbler and then clear embossed it. I wanted it to stand out a bit. And that is my card for today. This was a quick card to make and will be sent out in the next day or two. I only made one of these but if I need a few more cards. I can easily reproduce it.
 
Well that's it for me time to get busy with my Christmas projects. So until next time.......God bless.
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzfancynativityornamentelites.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  Fairy Tale Challenge has a Christmas ornaments challenge.
2.  Holly Jolly Christmas has an anything Christmas challenge.
3.  Sunny Day Crafting has an anything goes.
4.  Unicorn Challenge is to add some glitter. I used glitter paper.
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, was für eine tolle zierliche und edle Karte, die Du gemacht hast. Vielen Dank, dass Du sie bei den Fairytale´s zeigst.
    LG Beate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card and I love the cut image! Thanks for sharing with Unicorn Challenges. Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing your beautiful Card for the fairytale-challenge.
    hugs
    mamapia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails