Wednesday, December 28, 2016

~Igloo Christmas~

Hello Blogger Friends! thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog over these 2016 Christmas holidays. Hope your Christmas was enjoyable.
 
We had our son and his family in for 5 days. I loved having my 6 year old granddaughter her on Christmas morning. Her eyes were full of excitement as she came down the steps to see what Santa left her. They left the day after Christmas to go and visit her other grandparents in Boston.
 
Our Christmas dinner was a great success. I had my other son and his family who live locally here as well. I served chicken piccata for dinner. Only have made this once before. My family loved it and kept raving about how delicious it was.
 
This dish is made with lemons and capers. Here is a link to the recipe I used. I tweeked it a bit by using a white wine to deglaze the pan.
 
I also made a wild rice dish with roasted grapes which was another big hit. I found this recipe in a magazine that I was browsing through while waiting in the grocery store line to checkout. I took a picture of it with my phone instead of buying the magazine. Then I printed it out at home so I could follow it.
 
I also served a kale and swiss chard salad with bacon, onions, feta cheese, cherries and a delicious dressing that everyone also thoroughly enjoyed. My neighbor shared this recipe that she has made for several Christmas dinners.
 
Well, I better move onto my card before  you tire of reading this blog. This is another of the cards I made for Christmas. On this card I used the layout from the sketch challenge #622 on Splitcoaststampers. Cathy was the hostess and she gave us a great sketch to work with. I was finishing up my Christmas cards so this helped me create another one.
On this card I recycled a Christmas card I received last year and created a new card. I used a friend's template from Just For Fun Stamps to cut the image in 4 pieces and used some postage stamp scissors for a fancy edge.

In addition to the template for cutting your image, my friend also has this faux postage background stamp that stamps a background for your images once they are cut. It's also from JFF Stamps.

We were together in the summer and our stamp group brought some Christmas cards to try this technique out. I recently found 6 of these recycled cards in my stash and decided to complete them to send out.  I thought the rectangular layout would work for this sketch.
 
So I layered the image with a blue cardstock from Bazzill. I used some designer paper that I found in my stash from ProvoCraft. I thought it matched nicely with the image.

Used a die to cut the paper ribbon and bow in real red cardstock and added some snowflakes cut in a silver glitter paper. The sentiment is part of the Snowglobe die from CottageCutz. I cut it 2x once in real red and then in whisper white and did the inlay technique so the letters would stand out against the blue background.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. I still have a few more Christmas cards to show so stop back again tomorrow. Until next time........God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails