Friday, September 9, 2016

~Season's Greetings~

Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Friday to you all. We are still having some crazy hot and humid weather here in the eastern part of the U.S.
 
Our garden is still producing tomatoes at a good rate. Not enough to do another canning process but I get enough to roast them and then freeze for use later. I roast them with garlic, onions and some balsamic vinegar. They are so delicious and will be a flavorful base for whenever I need a tomato based sauce this coming winter. 
 
And speaking of winter, I am showing a card today that I created using the colors from the Splitcoaststampers CC599 challenge. I like using non-traditional colors for Christmas cards and these colors worked out great for my card idea.
 The colors for challenge #599 are wild wasabi, blushing bride and soft sky. Optional is to use glitter.
blushing bride, soft sky and wild wasabi
I also posted it on the CottageCutz blog for my weekly blog post. And, the die I used is the Woodland Mailbox from the CottageCutz 2016 Christmas part 2 release. This set comes with the mailbox, pine tree, wreath, presents, bunny, hedgehog, bird, snowbank and even letters for the mailbox. It is a super cute set. 
 
You could die cut with white cardstock and then color the images the way you want. Or you could do as I did and die cut with different colored cardstock. It's your preference and either way it would make for a cute card.
 
So here are some details on how I created this card.:
 
Wild Wasabi card base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
White image panel:  5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
 
I started this card by sponging my background panel with a soft sky and blushing bride inks. I was trying to achieve a soft subtle background for the die images. I used a sponge and a sponge dauber on this background.
 
Once the background I was finished I die cut all my images and adhered them to the card with a combination of glue dots and Ranger multi matte medium.
 
The sentiment is from a Stampin'-Up Paper Pumpkin kit from 2014 and I stamped in cucumber crush ink. Scattered a few sequins for some additional background interest and that completed my card.
Here is a close-up shot of the dies. I also used some white glitter paper for my snowbank and mailbox snow. Look at the cute little hedgie and also the letters in the mailbox. The white one even has a stamp on it- so cute.
 
Well my friends, that's my card for today. I hope I have given you some ideas of ways to use this new die set. So until next time........God bless.
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwoodlandmailbox.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  Animal Friends Challenge wants us to have an animal with fur on our card.
312 months of Christmas linkup is anything goes + an optional theme of nature.
4.  Cute Card Thursday has an animals/creatures challenge.
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I love it!
    Thanks for playing by Animal Friends.
    Greetings Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card with lovely colors :) The scene ist lovely too <3
    Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends Challenge.
    Selene

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card - thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the scene on this card, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the background and all those die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, i love it.
    Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails