Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Wildflower Sympathy

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog this last Wednesday in February.
 
Can't believe that February is almost over. We haven't really had that much of a winter. Either in the way of snow or cold temperatures. Yesterday at pre-school we were able to take the kids out for some time in the play yard. they loved the outdoor time.
 
My card for today was made for my DT post on the CottageCutz blog. I am featuring some of the new Wildflowers dies by CottageCutz. I have used Wildflowers 1 and Wildflowers 3 on my card for today.

Let's get started on how I created this card.

Mint Macaron Card Base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Navy Layering Panel: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Patterned Paper Panel: 5 1/4" x 4"

I wanted to use these beautiful wildflower dies to create a sympathy card. My choice of colors today came from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #622. When I was looking through my cardstock, I found these A2 card bases in my stash that had a watercolor wash. It was perfect for my card idea. The card bases are from Concord & 9th.
watermelon wonder, mint macaron, night of navy
So all I did was cut the A2 card to the size panel that I needed. The card had the watercolor design on the front and back of the base. So now I have another panel to create a 2nd card. I matched it up with a mint macaron  and night of navy blue panels.
 
Even though I was creating a sympathy card, I still wanted a splash of color for the flowers. I used the watermelon color for the wildflowers. I thought that would look good against the mint and dark blue of the card front.
 
I stamped my sympathy sentiment on the image panel in navy ink before I assembled my card. I then assembled the panels with double sided tape. I didn't add my die cut images because I didn't want the flowers to interfere with the layering. Sometimes it can through off your eyeballing of getting the layers straight.

card with layering panels added
My next step was to add my wildflowers, butterfly and scatter a few sequins to finish off this card. I like to have a sympathy card or 2 in my stash for when the occasion arises. It's easier for me to create a sympathy card when you don't need one.
 
Below is a photo with a close-up view of the dies. You can always click on it to get a larger view.
 
Well that's it for me for today. Until next time.........god bless.
 
Here is another slight variation of this card. On this one I used navy enamel dots and a dragon fly.
 
dies I used on these cards:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwildflowers1.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwildflowers3.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwildflowers2.aspx
 I am also entering:
1.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is anything goes.
2.  Lemon Shortbread has an anything goes challenge.  
3.  Alphabet Challenge is "Y" for you chose.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi this is a stunning card. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog challenge Y for You Choose. Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this colour combo and the way you used those silhouette dies - gorgeous..
    Thanks for joining in the fun at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails