Friday, February 17, 2017

~I Love You- Valentine~

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog. I can't believe that we are already more than midway through February.
 
Valentine's Day has come and gone for another year, but I still have a few card designs to show here on the blog. I usually make a few extra cards and then take them to my church. I let some of the guys pick a card for their wives. They are always appreciative and it makes me feel good to be able to share my work.
 
This one was taken by one of the guys from church. It was the first time that has ever seen one of my cards. He was a bit flustered for some reason. He wanted me to pick one for him. Of course I wasn't going to do that.
 
He didn't look through all I had when he came to this card. And this is the one he selected. Just knowing his wife it fit her to a tee. They are a classy couple and I think this one is a bit more elegant with the black & red color scheme. 
 
So here are some card details.This is my first card sample for Color Challenge #621 on Splitcoaststampers. Maura was our hostess and she chose real red, basic black and whisper white for her color trio. Optional was to use hearts.

This card was a quick one to make. My black card base is from Core'dinations. It is textured and embossed. I found it in my stash already cut and the ribbon and twine  attached. So I decided to use it for this Valentine card.

I cut my dies -Happy Valentine's Day phrase and the hearts from real red cardstock. Both dies are from the CottageCutz valentine collection. The larger heart is the Fancy Heart die from CottageCutz.  I used this to stamp my sentiment - it's from the Lawn Fawn set "love letters".

 To complete this card,  I scattered some small hearts. Well that's it for me for today. Stop by again tomorrow,  I will have a couple of cards to show using some new CottageCutz spring dies.  Until next time.........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: love letters (Lawn Fawn)   
Paper: Core'Dinations Black, real red 
Paper Size: A2 
Ink: tuxedo black
Accessories: Happy Valentine's Day Phrase, Fancy Heart (CottageCutz), red ribbon, licorice twine
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzhappyvalentinesdayphrase.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzfancyheart.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  A Bit More time to Craft has an anything goes challenge.
2The Artistic Stamper has a hearts challenge.
3.  Die Cut Diva's want us to use red or pink 
  
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for joining at Die Cut Divas February challenge with your super creation - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails