Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
Today was my day to drive over and pick up my youngest grandson at school. He has so much going on at the school after hours that I haven't been able to go over and pick him up lately.
 
It would be silly to drive to the other side of town during rush hour and then drop him off at home at dinner time. I like to spend some time with my son and daughter-in-law as well but I don't feel right to stay at dinner time. It would be like inviting myself to dinner.
 
So today was a treat for me to go and get him early. I had time to visit and then we went out to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. We had an enjoyable evening together and a great meal.
 
Now onto my card for today. This is another that I created for my weekly post on the CottageCutz Blog. My layout is from the Wednesday sketch challenge #626 on Splitcoaststampers.
 
Black Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
red Heart Embossed Layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Black Layer For Image Panel: 3 1/2" x 4 1/2"
Image Panel: 3 3/8" x 4 1/4"
 
For the image panel I used a white corrugated paper I found in my stash. And on the red background, I used a hearts embossing folder. The Happy Valentine's Day die is a new die and is now available in the online store.
 
 
I decided to make a substitute on the circles in the sketch on this card. I used 2 die cut images and then the "V' from the Happy Valentine's Day die cut served as the middle shape.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: Basic black, real red, white corrugated paper (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2  
Accessories: love bow & arrow die, happy valentine's day phrase(CottageCutz), Hearts embossing folder (Darice)
 
I am also entering:
1.  Creative Moments has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Inspiration Destination has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Moo-Mania and More has a love challenge.

7 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful card Mary! Thank you very much for joining Moo Mania & More this time!
    Great that you linked your beautiful creation!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic card.

    Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Das ist etwas ganz Besonderes !
    Ich bin begeistert von dieser Technik.
    Liebe Grüße aus Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, well designed!
    Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely. And so precious too.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from Moo Mania
    I am so drawn to your lovely card I want to reach into the screen to touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely modern card - great useof die cuts. Thank you for entering the Craetive Moments challenge . New challenge starts today . Leona x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails