Friday, October 14, 2016

Autumn Seasonal Tree

Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Friday to you all. Well, it's officially fall here in Pittsburgh. We had our first frost last night.
 
So that is the end of our flower gardens. They were still producing dahlias, zinnias, gerbera and African daisies. I cut flowers yesterday and brought them inside to enjoy them. Here is a picture of what I have from our beautiful gardens.
 
But, we still have the beautiful fall leaves to enjoy, and they have not reached their peak beauty yet. Here in this area anyway. So I thought  I would go with a fall card for today's post. I used this super cute seasonal tree die to create it. Let's get started with some details on my card for today. This one I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz blog.

really rust card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
chocolate chip layering panel: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Autumn Vine designer paper panel: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
tilted panels: 2 7/8" x 2 1/2"

I used this week's sketch #614 from Splitcoaststampers for my layout. It's a basic sketch but I liked the tilted panels. I added a couple of extra layers to the sketch just for some additional interest.
Once I decided to use this layout, I went looking through my stash for some autumn themed designer paper. I found this Stampin'-Up paper from the "autumn vine" collection and matched it up with really rust and chocolate chip cardstock and more mustard ribbon. I used the ribbon for layer #2 in the sketch.
I used the chocolate chip and really rust cardstock for my tree and more mustard & sage shadow for the tree leaves. That picked up the background colors of the designer paper. I also cut a couple of pumpkins from the Harvest Scarecrow die. Layered the tree and pumpkins on some white cardstock. To ground the images, I sponged some old olive ink.
To complete my card, I stamped a sentiment from the Verve set "abundant blessings" in chocolate chip ink. I hope I have given you some ideas for this cute new die. I think it makes a great card for Thanksgiving or a Fall theme.
 
Also, don't forget about our current challenge #7 for October. The theme this month is Fall. This new die would work great for the challenge.
 
So until next time.........God bless.
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzseasonaltree.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzharvestscarecrow.aspx
 

3 comments:

  1. I remember that paper; always one of my favorites. Pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Mary!! That is a cool die set and the dp you paired with the cute scene is perfect! Your flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dies and this one is sure to be on my wishlist. Pretty Autumn card~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails