Friday, September 2, 2016

Cornucopia Thanksgiving

Hello Blogger Friends and a happy September to you all. It's the start of the Labor Day holiday weekend and what seems to kick off the fall season. Even though fall doesn't officially hit until later in the month.
 
High School football makes it's debut this weekend and we have our youngest grandson on a high school team. I will also be finishing up on the summer harvest. I have pear butter to make as well as more tomatoes to either can or roast and freeze.
 
And it's also time to start thinking about making Thanksgiving cards. That's what  Iam showing you today. This card I made for my weekly post on the CottageCutz blog.
So let's get started with the details of how I created my card today.
 
Cajun Craze Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Vanilla Image Panel: 3 5/8" x 4 7/8"
 
I started my card this week by die cutting all the fruit, veggies and the cornucopia. I used the color of cardstock corresponding to the fruit or vegetable image. I dusted the edges of the images with inks to match. This new die allows you the option to cut in color cardstock or cut in white and then color.
Now this part of the card is ready for assembly on the vanilla panel. I also die cut the "Give Thanks" word from Stampin'-Up's rich razzleberry cardstock. Cut it 2x and layered for a little added dimension. On this panel I also used fun foam to lift it up from the card base. I think doing that gives the card added depth.
Here is a close-up shot of the fruit and veggies. The detail on the CottageCutz dies is so amazing and takes your cards to the next level.
 
The completed card
For this card , I also completed the inside panel with a stamped Thanksgiving sentiment and I used the wheat stalks die cut in kraft cardstock to add a little interest. This card will go to my good friend who saves and uses my cards as part of her holiday decorations. She will like the finished inside.
Here is a close-up photo of the wheat stalks. That cute bow is part of this die set. It cuts in one pass with 6 stalks of wheat and the bow.
Well, that's it for me for this post.  Have a great week-end and hope you have time to create. So until next time .......God bless.
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcornucopia.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwheatstalks.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzgivethanks.aspx
I am also entering:
1.  Time Out Challenges #65 - falling  leaves always remind me of Harvest time and Thanksgiving
2.  Mod Squad Challenge is to use foliage.
3.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge is anything goes.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful set of die cuts! Love the cornucopia for Thanksgiving. Looks perfectly put together, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the football game went well! Love all the beautiful die cuts!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails