Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A Mossy Hello

 
Hello again Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog. this is my 2nd post for today.
 
I posted some pictures of the flowers that my hubby has growing around our yard and deck. I feel as thought I ma just beginning to enjoy summer and it's already August 9th. Not sure where the days have gone but I am determined to enjoy what's left of our summer days.
 
Our harvest is coming in on our vegetable garden. I plan on stuffing some zucchini tomorrow and making some zucchini bread. The tomatoes are slow to ripe this year and we don't seem to have as many as last year. I haven't been able to roast any or do any canning. I may have to go to the farmer's market and buy some from local farms. They will be just as good and will give me some for the long winter months ahead.
 
My daughter-in-law here in Pittsburgh has already taken her cucumbers and made pickles with them. She is anxious to get her tomatoes and can them as well. I showed her the process last year and now she is ready to go it alone.
 
So now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #595 on Splitcoaststampers. Barbara is our hostess and she chose daffodil delight, old olive and mossy meadow for her color trio.
 
I used the MojoMonday460 sketch for my card layout.

 The background designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "Park Lane" collection. My vertical mossy meadow rectangle panel is embossed with the textured impressions embossing folder from Stampin'-Up.

The circle is cut with the CottageCutz double stitched circle die in daffodil delight. I added my sentiment to the circle using the "hello spring" dies also from CottageCutz.

My horizontal rectangle panel is stamped with an image from the Stampin'-Up "thoughts & prayers" set. I used daffodil delight and old olive markers to color in the image and then stamped. To complete my card I punched a couple of butterflies.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time........God bless.
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzhellospring.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzdouble-stitchedcirclesetbasics.aspx
I am also entering:
1.  Inky Chicks has a 5 or more flowers challenge.
2.  Incy Wincy Designs has an anything goes challenge.
3.  The Crafter's Café has a flowers challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the challenge of Inky Chicks. DT Veronique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is really lovely. I really like the layout and how you colored those delicate flowers. SUPER JOB! Thanks for joining us at the Crafter's Café !!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails