Friday, October 17, 2014

HYCCT1403 ~hope~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Fall weather is upon us here in Pittsburgh. We are having warm days and cool nights. Its perfect soup making weather.
 
So, I tried a recipe that was demonstrated at a cooking class that I took in September at the Crate in Pittsburgh. It was for cream of mushroom soup. I used crimini mushrooms, thyme, onions, chicken broth, half and half and sherry. The flavor was wonderful. It's a keeper recipe for me. I took some over to my daughter-in-law and she really liked it as well. My next soup will be a butternut squash apple soup.
 
Now onto my card for today. This is another that I made for the HYCCT challenges on Splitcoaststampers. For Challenge #3 we were to look through our paper stash to find all those teeny strips that you never use and put them to use making your background for your card.

I looked in my stash and decided to use strips from the "springtime vintage" designer paper from Stampin'- Up to make my background.

The stamp image is from the Stampin'-Up set "stippled blossoms". The flowers are stamped in rose red ink. I stamped off once to get a variant in the ink shade. Fussy cut the flowers and laid them over a Memory Box die cut flourish.

My sentiment is from the Stampin-Up set "blooming with kindness". to complete this card, I added some butterflies cut with a Martha Stewart butterfly punch.
 
Well, it's late and time to dim the lights in Charmed Life Land for another day. So until next time........God bless.
 
Card Details:
Stamps: Stippled Blossoms & blooming with kindness (Stampin'-Up) 
Paper: very vanilla, old olive, rose red, springtime vintage dsp (Stampin-Up) 
Paper Size: A2 Ink: Rose Red 
Accessories: Memory Box flourish, MS butterfly punch, pearls
 
I am also entering: 
1The Crafting Café has a "think pink" challenge.  
2.  Sisters of Craft have an anything goes challenge.
3.  Inspiration Destination has an anything goes challenge.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Mary love the colour's thank you for joining us at Inspiration Destination this week
    Hugs Dianne x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous design + great colors = a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those layers on the diagonal. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow stunning card really beautiful , thank you for joining us at sisters of craft, good luck
    Caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, your card is beautiful & inspired!
    Thanks so much for sharing it with us in the Think Pink challenge over at The Crafting Cafe this time!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card, love the image. thank you for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! Thank you for joining in with the challenge at The Crafting Café. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card, and I love the layout. thanks for joining us at the Crafting Cafe. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails